Suddenly Sound

I figured out what was causing us so much trouble with the sound sensor – we’d been pinning it up wrongly the whole time! Where in the diagram that we had been following it showed us to connect it in a certain way, I found that exchanging the ground and sensor made it work, whereas previously we were connecting to the sensor but it wasn’t responding to loud sounds.

Similarly, we later discovered what the problem with the Wifly shield was as well – that it wasn’t compatible with my Mega 2560 Arduino board. Solving the issue turned out to be rather simple, a case of wiring four pins of the shield to a different part of the board.

20130219_125734

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s